Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Alzheimer's Blog:

Here is a wonderful little email that I received today.

Marie Stevens Scalabrino

Marie says, "Just came across your blog and am so thankful. I'm consumed by reading everything about Alz as my mom was dx'd in Oct 2009 n is now turning the corner to easily agitated and paranoid. I just moved her in with me n my two daughters after losing my dad n I'm beginning to feel trapped and disliked. Thank u for taking the time to share your experiences. Warmest regards, Marie."

Dear Marie,
Love the name. lol Thank you for writing. The reason I write this blog and wrote my book is to let people know that they are not alone. In my book I am trying to show the daily trials and tribulations that one may go through while taking care of a loved one with Alzheimer's. I share the feelings of confusion, frustration, and the blessings I experienced. Sometimes as the caretaker we feel very isolated--the world, after all, doesn't stop, despite the sense that your world is frozen in time. My book is a tale of thoughts, stories, anecdotes, as well as feelings of helplessness, guilt, happiness, and sorrow. Please remember that you are not alone. Please get a hold of a good support group in your area so you can learn from others and to vent. And don't forget respite care. You can't take care of another human being if you don't take care of your self.

http://alz.org/apps/findus.asp This site will help anyone find a good support group anywhere in the US.

You are an angel, giving back the love that once was given to you.
Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
http://www.mariefostino.com/
http://www.mariefostino.blogspot.com/

No comments: