Friday, December 24, 2010

Alzheimer's Blogging:

Merry Christmas

Today is Christmas Eve and yes I am at work. Since I work on an ambulance and the ambulance has to be on call 24/7 some one will always be on shift. It seems this year my rotation landed on today. I will get off tomorrow morning and spend the day with my family. I will miss going to church tonight and how I usually have Christmas Eve at my home, playing dirty Santa and watching It's A Wonderful Life. But I have my health, my family and a job. So I have no reason to be depressed.

Have you ever had a nagging feeling in your soul to do something and you don't know why but you follow through with it any way? I want to share with you a story about just that. It was Thanksgiving and I was already planning on what to get my kids for Christmas and all the things I had to do to prepare for the holiday. For some reason I had a nagging feeling to get a Christmas card off to a co-worker, and to put $100 bill in it. I know that last summer her 17 yr old child died, and she was still going through some depression from that. I also know that since the recession our company has put down hours and she is making less a month now.

Any way I followed my gut feeling and sent out her card before I did all the rest of the Christmas cards. Just yesterday I got a call from her. I was so surprised to hear her voice. The first thing she asked me was why did I send her some money? I told her I didn't know but, I had a nagging in my soul to send it and I couldn't rest until I did. She sighed over the phone and went on to tell me how hard it has been at her house since her hours were dropped. And that she had been fighting with her boyfriend about how to get the medicine for her son who has seizures. He told her that this month they were not going to be able to get this medication because it was to expensive and they just didn't have the money. She said they had just argued about this before she opened up my Christmas card. The money flew out on the floor and she said it was pennies from heaven. She was able to get her son the medication for his seizures which cost one hundred dollars exactly.

I am just writing this to say if you get that gut feeling to do something and don't understand why, don't question it, just do it.

I hope you have a great Christmas Holiday. Please stay safe out there. I don't want to have to be knocking at your door with my ambulance.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Publishing Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: