Saturday, December 18, 2010

Alzheimer's Blogging:

Merry Christmas. My mind jumps around to so many kinds of Christmas times I have had in my life. I remember as a child when my parents didn't want us to have anything to do with Santa Claus because they were afraid that would take the true meaning of Christmas away.

When I got married and had my first child my father in law, Joe would dress up as Santa Clause and on Christmas Eve when we were at his house Santa would make his way to Joe's house to see any kids that were there leaving them with a present and the promise that if they would go to sleep that night he would come by while they were sleeping with gifts for them under the tree.

We moved around a lot to different states away from family, and I tired to keep the little tradition of Santa coming by on Christmas Eve as much as possible. My kids always left cookies and milk out for Santa to enjoy as a way to say Thank you.

Now it is grandkids, my father in law has gone to heaven and no one plays Santa anymore. Maybe it is time for my husband to wear his fathers shoes and play for his grandkids.

I hope everyone remembers the true meaning of Christmas. It is when the virgin Mary gave birth to our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: