Monday, December 6, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOGGING:

Merry Christmas:

Hard to believe that it is December already. Seems like when I was a child the days lasted forever. Than as I became a young mother I didn't really notice how long the days were being so busy with 5 small children. At the time I was so busy, with no time for myself I thought that it was going to be this way for ever. Believe it or not all five children grew up and all of a sudden it was just me and Jimmy. Of course in there we took care of Joe with his Alzheimer's so I was still busy. But after he passed away I didn't know what to do with myself.

Well dad has been gone now for seven years and my kids have gotten married and I have six grandchildren with another one on the way. I am busy again. Only this time it is with grandchildren. This will seem funny to you, but when I baby sit, and go on walks and play at the park I forget that I am in my fifties. I am back to being thirty again and a young mother.

It is amazing how time flies. I dream back into time when Joe and Jean were still alive and the four of us would go out to dinner or the fun at the family get togethers. Enjoy your loved one. Time doesn't wait for anyone, and soon enough they will be gone leaving you with memories.

It is even difficult thinking that soon we will be the old ones. Our youth has gone and the oldness of the world is slamming against us telling us our time is coming soon. Enjoy your family and make wonderful memories for your children and grandchildren to hang on to when your time comes to go home.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: