Wednesday, December 8, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOGGING:

MERRY CHRISTMAS: Yep you are going to see me write this as often as I blog this month. What a privilege to celebrate this holiday. This is when our Lord decided to come to earth as a human and be born from a virgin to hang around with man. How disappointed he had to have been. But we still have the promise to have everlasting life after we ask Jesus into our lives.

I have been blogging for a long time now. I am not sure if anyone is really reading this. I just know that I am running out of things to say. I mean I have written different web sites for information. I have written some things out of my journal. I have written some of the things I have seen while on my ambulance that has to do with an elderly person with dementia/ Alzheimer's. I have written any thoughts I came up with whether positive or negative. I have tried to raise money for the Alzheimer's Memory Walk.

I guess all I have to say today, is as I sit and watch my grand babies, my mind goes back to the past when my father in law was young and fun. As my mind travels through time I see him getting confused and finally his mind is gone. I have some regrets, and I have some precious moments that I carry in my heart. I know that you have the same thing. You have a story and it is special to you. Your loved one that passed away with this terrible disease was a special person to you. If your loved one is alive and you are taking care of them know, I understand how stressed you are sometimes. Some of you are watching your loved one at home wondering if you will ever know what sleep is like again. Some of you have your loved one in a nursing home feeling guilty because you can't take care of them. These are all human feelings. Make peace with yourself. You are doing the best you can. If you feel the need to let out some of those pinned up feelings please write me and I will put it on this blog for all. Anything you have to say will help someone out there. Mean while please find a good support group. It is important to vent and to forgive yourself.

Merry Christmas. We are so lucky that we can celebrate the birth of our Lord Savior. He is holding you.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: