Saturday, August 21, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOGGING:

Dear Dad,
Today was a very eventful day. We helped my daughter move today from her home. As I cleaned her stove and swept and washed the floor from under her washer and dryer, I went back into time. I remember the first time I moved from our first house. I had two small children at the time. Dad was busy sweeping and washing floors as my husband loaded the truck and I kept an eye on the children. You taught us how important it was to have the house clean for the new owners.

We moved my daughter and her two children into our home. You see dad, she is getting a separation from her husband for a while so they can figure out what they want. I hope Jimmy and I have learned from you. You were so compassionate and kind at a time when we got separated. You drove from Chicago to San Antonio, packed up a truck with my furniture and drove me and my five children to your home to live. You showed me so much love at a time I was feeling so low. You let me and your five grandchildren live with you and Mom in your three bedroom home while Jimmy drove to Atlanta trying to figure out what he wanted to do. You never complained.

As I helped my daughter and son in law out, I just kept thinking of you. You have awful big shoes that I am trying to fill. I hope that while you are sitting in heaven with Mom, you are smiling and pleased. Please keep talking to me, and keeping me on the right track. And as a favor to me, please whisper a favor for Jesus. Tell him I really want my daughter and my son in law to see what they have, find their love again, and become a family again.

I do miss you Dad and Mom very much. And remember I love you.
Love, Marie :)

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: