Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Alzheimer's Blogging:

Alzheimer's is such a devastating disease. I think anyone of us would be in denial. There is a difference of Age Related Change and Alzheimer's Disease. For example; Memory Loss vs Forgetting. Every day after work I put my car keys on a hook in the kitchen. If I forget to put them there I would be searching the house, retracing my steps, looking for them. That is Forgetting. Now if I put them on the hook and forget where the hook is. Or even forget that I have a hook to put them on I would call that Memory Loss.

Now we are lucky to have at home tests to take to see if we have developed this terrible disease.

Going through the Alzheimer’s sites I came across the I-HAST (in-home Alzheimer’s screening) designed as a first look to see if something is wrong while aiming specifically at Alzheimer’s. It is not a diagnosis, but merely lets you know if you need to seek a medical professional’s opinion. This at home test allows a relative or friend to test the suspected patient in their most comfortable environments. The I-HAST can be found at the following web address:
http://www.hometestmed.com Please remember that this is not a final diagnostic tool. If you feel your loved one has Alzheimer’s it is imperative that they be seen by a physician.

Please if you have doubts about yourself or a loved one, take the test. The sooner you can get on some medication the longer you will have with your loved ones with your right mind.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: