Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Alzheimer's Blogging: Alzheimers Blogging:

Some of the things we do as mature adults in life we learned from our parents. When we moved to Phoenix, we had to buy a house with a bedroom down stairs with a bathroom for my father in law and we have four bedrooms upstairs which we had some children living with us. But as time moved on so did life. My father in law passed away. My children got married and we are living in a house a little to big for two people. One thing about life is you cannot predict the future. We are painting a few bedrooms upstairs for my daughter and her two children. My daughter is having marriage problems and is separated from her husband and moving back home.

I remember a time when my husband and I were having marital problems. Only at the time we had five children and living in Texas. My father in law drove from Illinois to help me pack up a truck and drive it back to Illinois with out my husband. Not only did he help me with that chore he also let me and my five children live with him and my mother in law in there three bedroom home.

My father in law was a great man, with lots of compassion and love. When Alzheimer's took away his mind he wasn't the same man anymore, but I never forgot the love he showed me. As we paint the bedrooms upstairs, I think of what he showed me and hope I show a portion of the love he had shown me. I miss you dad.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
http://www.mariefostino.com/
http://www.marefostino.blogspot.com/

No comments: