Friday, August 27, 2010

Alzheimer's Blog:


Today has been an eventful day on my ambulance. I had a young woman of 70 with chest pain and a history of Triple AAA. I had a young man of 47 with chest pain and a history of cardiac stents & pacemaker. We have been pretty busy, but it is a Friday so it is expected. At one point in the emergency room we had 5 ambulances waiting in line to bring in their patients. I talked to one of the patients waiting there. He was in his 80's and told me he was married for 50 something years. I asked him what was the secret to stay married that long. He told me You have to like her. So now you know the secret of staying married forever.

Remember, if you are at home taking care of your loved one with Alzheimer's please get your self a support group. Alzheimer's Association has a map and after you hit the state you live in it has support groups in your city. Also remember if you don't take care of your self, how can you take care of your loved one. It is important to get respite care. You can find respite care through a nursing home, day care, or even a friend or relative. I hope you all have a great weekend. I have the feeling we will be very busy tonight. Say a prayer for me.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub, Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: