Friday, July 30, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOGGING:

As I reflect back in time, I remember when I first married my husband. My in laws took me in with welcome arms, so loving and nice to me. My father in law had built an apartment in the basement where we lived the first couple of years of our marriage. I remember as I had each of my babies and how my father in law would help anyway he could.

I also remember my son getting married. My father in law was in jail in his head with Alzheimer's. He couldn't stand still and didn't know who we were, so unfortunately, I had to put him into a nursing home for that weekend. We traveled out of town to my son's wedding and had a good time. But in the back of my mind I was disappointed that my son could not enjoy his wedding with both sets of grandparents.

Time is short, and we only get one chance to live. Be there for each other. Enjoy each other. Until you have lost someone you may not be able to understand how hard it is to not have them around any more. I treasure the time I had with my father in law. I am so glad I got to know him. Now I wait till it is my time to go so I can see him again.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostion.blogspot.com

No comments: