Friday, July 9, 2010

Alzheimer's Blog

You know the saying all good things must come to an end. I was lucky enough to have my daughter Kristina and her three children stay with me for five weeks this summer. Her children ages range 7, 4, & 2. But finally she had to go back home and so we drove 18 hrs yesterday from Phoenix, Az to Oklahoma City, OK. Well you can imagine we had to hear, are we there yet? over and over again. We always stop half way for an hour and find a McDonald's to let the kids eat and run in the play ground. I decided I also needed to stretch my legs and decided to walk around the building a couple of times. That is when I saw them.

I saw an elderly man with a walker getting up from his table with his lovely wife. As I introduced my self to them and started talking to them I found out that he was 87 yrs old and his wife was 83. They had been married for 63 yrs. I asked them what the secret was to stay married that long and they just looked at each other and smiled. Than there daughter interjected they are just in love. They had 6 children, five girls and one boy. Their family grew with 12 grandchildren and 18 great grandchildren. They told me that they always had Christmas at their house and everyone showed up. And that all but one person of that family live by each other. I watched them as they smiled and told their story. What an inspiration they are. Isn't that what life is all about .

I just thought it would be nice to hear a nice tale of love for a change.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: