Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Alzheimer's Blog

Well the good news is on the 4th of July we had an uneventful day. It was way to hot to be sitting out side for 8 hrs trying to keep cool with our long pants on. But the people were playing nice and no one got hurt. And I loved watching the fireworks.

So far today has been eventful. My first call was an 59 yr old gentleman who was just diagnoses with brain Cancer a year ago. His lovely wife said he has been easy to take care of and they had been married now for 35 ys. But today he had an episode of delusion. He was aggressive toward her and ran away. She said this was the second time now since June that he has acted this way and she is frightened of him. We found this patient a few houses away lying face down on the pavement with a couple of policemen around him. Gently I kneeled down and took his hand in mine as I whispered in his ear and coaxed him to get up and get on my gurney and come with me. My heart broke as I listened to his wife and their story. His wife is 53 and I am 55. Count your blessings.

I know that our future is in God's hands. We can do things to take care of our health, but he is in total control. Enjoy the gift of Life and serve others.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: