Sunday, June 6, 2010

Alzheimer's Disease:

Like everyone, I am looking forward to the golden years. I am looking forward to retiring and enjoying some time traveling with my husband. But if I am not careful, dementia can creep up on me and take the golden years away from me. Sometimes I am afraid that my memory is not as sharp as it use to be. I know that I need to exercise and eat right to prolong dementia. I don't drink but I have read that if I did and if I drank 5 to 7 drinks a week, thanks to ethanol molecule in alcohol because it acts as a blood thinner and a anti-oxidant. And last but not least I need to exercise my brain to help keep it sharp.

MMM I do work so hopefully I am keeping my brain sharp. I love to exercise like swimming laps or dancing with Richard Simmons. I try to eat right. I wonder if keeping up with my grandchildren helps. Most of them are under seven years old.

Do you self a favor and take care of your self. You only have one life to live. You don't get a second chance.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: