Monday, June 21, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOGGING:

Yesterday was fathers day. My father lives in N Carolina so he got a card from me in the mail and a phone call yesterday. My four daughters came over yesterday and gave their dad a tent and a new fishing rod. Around the dinner table sat three fathers and a granddad. We had six grandchildren over also. I enjoyed praying and thanking God for family.

I do remember fathers day when my father in law was alive. When he was younger we would have barbeque's at his house and he would always tell jokes. When his Alzheimer's took over his mind the celebration was not as much fun, but we were still thankful that dad was here. We missed him this Fathers Day.

I know many of you celebrated with a father who didn't know who you are. I know how hard that is when your father can't call you by your name. Put your mind back to younger times and how much fun you had when his mind was not shorted out. Thank God for the time you had together. My heart is with you.

Dear Lord,
Please take care of these families who are dealing with Alzheimer's. It is a hard task and we know you are in charge. Thank you for your blessings.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: