Thursday, June 3, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOGGING

What an eventful day I have had. Heck it has been an eventful few days. I worked my 24 hr shift on Monday. When I got off Tuesday morning, and I ended up staying late at work, I had to pack and iron. Around two pm I got to see my oldest grandchild graduate eight grade. (Am I that old?) Then I had to run to the airport to grab a plane which ended up being late an hour and flew to OKC. My oldest daughter picked me up and it was around midnight her time. Got up a few hours later, packed a car. My daughter and I took turns driving back here to AZ with her three children in the car. Since she is a teacher, she gets the summer off, and I get the pleasure of her company for a few weeks in the summer. I love having my three grandchildren this way. The ages are seven, four and two years old. They didn't do to bad with our 18 hr drive. We had a lot of potty stops since the two year old is still being potty trained. And around dinner time we actually found a McDonald's with a playground so that they could play and run for an hour before we got back on the road. We finally arrived at two AM this morning. I guess being a baby boomer myself I have learned real early in life to enjoy each day like it is gift. Whether it was taking care of my father in law with his Alzheimer's or keeping my grand kids for a few weeks. Thank you God for this opportunity.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: