Monday, June 14, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOGGING:

Today on my ambulance I picked up a 91 yr old female. She was complaining of right hip pain. I checked her medication to see she was on some pretty strong pain medication but she told me they didn't work. After I got to chat with her for a while I found out that this women lives with her daughter and she states her daughter doesn't take care of her properly. She actually wants us to find her a nursing home to live in so that someone will watch out for her.

Next on the gurney in front of me was an elderly man lying with his wife standing next to him. I would want to guess they were in their eighty's. He talked very slow and soft. He looked like he was not all the way with it. But his wife was at his side, tending to him, trying to care for him the best she knew how.

Isn't that what life is about. Taking care of each other. Let's learn from these two different situations. Remember you only live once. Take this gift from God and show his mercy and love.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: