Thursday, June 10, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOGGING

Today I picked up a 46 yr old male who has renal failure and diabetes. He lived at home with his wife, and the story is he was having flank pain and throwing up black liquid. Only weird thing is I picked them up at eleven am and I could smell the alcohol on his breath. He freely admitted to me he had been drinking heavily about four days now and doesn't feel good. My question is why would a person abuse their bodies for so long and than call an ambulance? He was not a happy soul and he only had negative things to say about his wife whom another ambulance came to pick her up. The hospital told me they were frequent flyer's but I am having trouble understanding why???

Please, think before you abuse your body. Drinking can only cause cirrhosis of the liver. Smoking can only cause cancer to the lungs. And we know drugs are a lot worse. Please take care of your self. This gentlemen may be surprised as dementia happens while he is killing his brain cells with all the drinking he is doing.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: