Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Alzheimer's Blogging


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1-dWlsgM9LA&feature=player_embedded

Above is a YouTube of my father in law. It shows him dancing and having fun and than, to where he is so confused that he doesn't even know he owns his own house. It also shows him sitting outside in 0 degrees weather and you can tell by my voice how aggravated I am as I am filming him, and coaxing him to come back in doors. Finally it shows how he can't even put together a baby puzzle or unlock the front door.

Taking care of my father in law was not an easy job. Times I got frustrated, and angry. I felt so isolated, after all the world doesn't stop, despite the sense our world is frozen in time. The reason I wrote my book was to let other caregivers know that they are not alone and other caregivers are experiencing the same frustrations.

I have been blogging with experiences I encounter while on the ambulance with Dementia/ Alzheimer's patients. I hope I have been sharing some helpful thoughts, anecdotes, and advice to help anyone dealing with the same situation.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: