Tuesday, May 25, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOGGING:

I thought I would write from my journal tonight. It was written May 22, 2003.

Today is Thursday and it was a hard day. Dad is now more confused than ever. He's rushing but he's unable to concentrate on anything at all. When I put him in the bathtub this morning, he snuck out. I had to put him back in and wash him. He was mad that he had to shave and brush his teeth, something we do every morning. He was very disturbed by this. He did not want to put on the elastic waist pants and forgot how to put his shirt on.

He asked me what was on his plate for breakfast. He complained that I wasn't making it fast enough. He wants me to cut up his waffles now--this is another turning point.

I just wanted to share with you a day of my experience. I know how you feel. I know how hard and frustrating it is to take care of a loved one with Alzheimer's. If you have any questions, and if I can give you any advice to help you, I would be so happy.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: