Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Alzheimer's Blogging: Alzheimersblogging:

Today is a great day for me. It is my anniversary today. Jimmy and I have been married now for 36 yrs. I have to say it has been work, but I am so glad that we have made it this far.

One of the things I love to do is talk to my elderly patients and ask them how long they have been married. Usually I get answers like 50 yrs and more. So than my next question is how did you stay married so long. I get all kinds of answers.

My husband was so easy to live with.
I do what ever she tells me to do.
I have learned to compromise.
We never went to bed mad.
It wasn't always easy.
To say you are sorry.
To never let a day go by without saying I Love You.

These were some of the answers I got, along with stories of how they met. I love talking to the elderly. They are so interesting to talk to and have some great stories. Funny isn't it, but soon I will be one of those elderly. I hope someone will want to talk to me. Have a great day and don't forget to tell someone today you love them.

Happy Anniversary Jimmy, I LOVE YOU ALWAYS.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: