Saturday, March 27, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOGGING: ALZHEIMER'S BLOG: ALZHEIMERSBLOGGING: MARIE FOSTINO BLOGSPOT.COM

It is such a wonderful day here in sunny Phoenix, while I am riding in my ambulance. I have not been real busy, but I am working. My patients today have been cute elderly women in their 80's and 90's. I love the fact that these patients have their mind in total contact. Like one patient I had who walked on the tread mill for 40 minutes, than played golf. Her husband called us because she almost passed out. mmmm She did say she hasn't had any water or drinking enough fluids, and she has no idea what her husband is talking about. Or the lady from New York who was on a tour in the mountains and passed out twice. You can bet your buttons she was not going to the hospital but her family called because of the love and worry they have for her. Please take care of your self. Drink plenty of fluids, like Gatorade, propelle, and water. Exercise is so important for the body, but also for the mind as your blood supply feeds your brain. Let's try to stay young and healthy as long as we can. I have seen plenty of young 80 and 90 yr olds lately. I want to be just like them.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: