Friday, March 26, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOGGING: ALZHEIMER'S BLOG: MARIE FOSTINO BLOGSPOT.COM ALZHEIMERSBLOGGING

TWILIGHT: This has a couple of meanings. It means the time when dusk comes to separate afternoon from evening. It is also a title of a book from Stephanie Meyers with a human girl who is in love with a vampire and a werewolf. By the way, I met Stephanie in a In & Out Burger, and she is as beautiful as she is on TV or on line and she is very nice.

Twilight for the Alzheimer's patient is the time when they experience increased confusion. This is the time when you can see such a personality difference, and their confusion increases.

I tried to keep my Father in law on a schedule, when he was taking his bath, having his breakfast, lunch and dinner, and bed time. I was able to keep his schedule pretty good in the morning and the afternoon. But when twilight came, I noticed I had trouble keeping him on a schedule. He seemed to not be able to follow my easy instructions and commands like he did earlier in the day. He seemed lost. It took a lot of effort on my part to try and keep him busy in the evening so that he would not wonder or get into things. I had us put together puzzles, and play cards. But as his Alzheimer's increased so did his confusion.

Remember that life is a gift from God and we have no idea when it will be taken away. So, right now, while you have the chance, tell someone you love him, give someone a kiss and a hug, be an angel and practice random acts of kindness.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: