Monday, March 22, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOGGING: ALZHEIMER'S BLOG: ALZHEIMERSBLOGGING: MARIE FOSTINO BLOGSPOT.COM

Today was an eventful day as I took care of my 11 month old grandson. I found a lot of familiarities between him and my father in law as his Alzheimer's was getting worse. My grandson would not let me out of his sight, and would crawl around the floor as I walked around following me. My father in law would not let me out of his sight, keeping his eyes on me, following me as I walked around. And if I got out of his vision he would yell, "Hey Lady, where are you?" As my grandson got tired he would sit and cry with his arms flapping in the air waiting for me to pick him up. I would get his favorite blanket and wrap him up in it and than rock him, in great grandpas favorite chair. When my father in law got tired he would start rocking himself in his favorite chair until he fell asleep. It is amazing how much the end of Alzheimer's is just like your parent becoming an infant all over again.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: