Monday, March 8, 2010

Alzheimer's Blogging: Alzheimer's Blog: Alzheimersblogging: Marie Fostino Blogspot.com:

As I sit and talk to my grandchild asking her where her nose is or where her mouth is I can't help but think about my father in law. I remember sitting with dad after I first moved in and asking him questions. He could tell me his name, birthday, and his children's names. Yet he did not know that we were living in his own home. Alzheimer's is such a terrible disease the way it takes away their mind leaving them lost. I had made him and my mother in law a photo album a few years before she died. So dad and I looked into it, and he was picking out some of pictures of people that he recognized. Every time he saw a picture of his wife, he would ask where she was. I would tell him that she passed away and he would ask if they were happy. I would reassure him that they were happy and spent many years in that house. I would try to do what ever I could to try and help him remember but it didn't work. This is one of the things I hate about this disease. Take each day like it is your last and make it count. Practice Random Acts of Kindness.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: