Thursday, March 4, 2010

Alzheimer's Blogging: Alzheimer's Blog: Alzheimersblogging: Marie Fostino Blogspot:

Alzheimer's Disease: A progressive form of presenile dementia that is similar to senile dementia except that it usually starts in the 40's or 50's.

Degenerative: Age related disease that impairs an individuals cognitive ability. Symptoms may include forgetfulness, wondering, & inability.

Alzheimer's: A degenerative brain disorder characterized by premature senility and dementia.

THESE ARE THE DEFINITIONS OF ALZHEIMER'S ON THE WEB.

I hate this disease. My father in law once talked to me, asking me who to talk to about quitting his job and how much pension will he make. I told him I had a job. He said great! But in a little while he wanted to talk to me again. He asked me the same question again so I tried to humor him and let him know every thing was all right.

We had a busy day, and went out to lunch with his two sister in laws. Yet later that day he asked me, how work was today. I reminded him that we went out to lunch with Aunty Ann and Aunt Yulanda. He had a strange look on his face and finally asked me if he had a good time. Then he told me he was lost and couldn't remember anything about the day. He asked me to call the ladies, so I did, and it hurt me as I watched him cry as he got details of their visit.

The terrible thing about this disease is they can't remember who they were with, or where they were. Even if it was just a couple hours earlier that day. Much of the time they are in another world. I loved him so much and I hated to see him so upset.

Remember life is short so don't put off any love tomorrow that you can show today.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes I agree. This disease is very discouraging. Thank you for your words of wisdom.