Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Alzheimer's Blogging: Alzheimer's Blog: Alzheimersblogging: Marie Fostino Blogspot:

It hurt my heart today as I came on scene for a 80 yr old female who was lying on the floor because she fell. She had a big contusion to her face by her eye, and skin tears on her arms and legs. She has cataracts so she does have some trouble seeing. I felt so bad that she was alone. She lives by herself but she did hit her medical alarm. She doesn't have Alzheimer's but I do think that at that age they need to be living with a relative just for safety reasons. What do you think?

I believe that we are here to be servants for the Lord. I am lucky because I am a public servant as I do run in an ambulance to help people. I believe that we are to help others willingly. I love my Alzheimer's patients. I miss my father in law. But I thank God that I was able to take care of him while he had his Alzheimer's. I just want to thank all of you who are taking on the challenge of helping your loved one with Alzheimer's. Remember you are not alone. Get a good support group and respite care. I hope my book can help you.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Import Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
http://www.mariefostino.com/
http://www.mariefostino.blogspot.com/

No comments: