Saturday, March 20, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOG: ALZHEIMER'S BLOGGING: MARIE FOSTINO BLOGSPOT.COM
ALZHEIMERSBLOGGING

Today on my ambulance has been a very uneventful day. I am not complaining. I had a call for a 70 yr old female with vertigo, combined with diarrhea and vomiting. I had a call for a 73 yr old female who felt faint at a cowboy event so she laid on the ground and called 911. She did great. Got a call for a medical alarm system that was faulty. I love the fact that my patients have been elderly and intact. As we were driving down the road, I saw two people sitting by a park bench. One was maybe in her 40's sitting on the bench and the other was in her 70's sitting in her wheelchair. That made my heart jump to see someone taking the time to take their parent outside and enjoy this beautiful weather. In the midst of old age combined with Dementia, and Alzheimer's it feels great to see the ones who are lucky enough to have their minds and bodies working correctly.

Remember that today is a gift. Tell someone you love them. Show an act of kindness. Give a kiss and a hug. Do not take this gift for granted.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com
www.mariefostino.blogspot.com

No comments: