Wednesday, February 3, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOGGING:

I love being on my ambulance and taking care of people. I meet so many different kinds of people. Today I met a couple that were in their 80's. I asked them how long they had been married and they told me 65 yrs. I told them they were an inspiration, and called them dinosaurs. I told them that I have only been married for 35 yrs and I was trying to get what they had. So I asked them how they stayed married so long. The husband just smiled real big showing all his teeth and said I had better not forget what he has to say, before he told me LAUGHTER. He said that being able to laugh is what kept them married, and to never let a day go by without laughter. So I guess this blog is about laughter and how important it is for every day life. I know that some days seem long and hard, but each day there is some point where you had to smile. Moments are so important and each day we have a moment where we smiled if only for a few seconds. Keep those moments in your heart. Hold on to them later in the day when the day seems impossible. It is those moments that will get you through this rough time.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com

No comments: