Monday, February 22, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOG:

My mind is busy going into the past. I can't help but think of my father in law and how much I miss him. My inlaws were one of the things that helped sway me to marry my husband. I loved my husband, but his parents were some of the nicest people I had ever met. They took me in with such loving arms when I met them. They didn't judge me, and just accepted me the way I was. I remember the first fight my husband and I had after we got married. My mother in law talked to me, and did not take sides. She just told me what she thought and told me that we had to try ourselves to make it work. I remember when my husband got laid off in Chicago and he got a job in Houston. My father in law came over and helped us with the move, showing me how to open the top of the over and clean it. I was so young and dumb. He never judged me, he just helped me and taught me. Than my husband and I were having marital problems. We were living in San Antionio, and I had just filed for a divorce. My father in law drove a truck from Chicago, and helped pack me and my five children up and drove us to his house to live untill my husband and I figured out what we were doing.

Alzheimer's took my father in laws personality away from him. He was not the same person whom I knew when I married into the family. But my memories of the loving man he was, is what made me want to take charge of him. And even though I got mad at myself for getting upset with him at times, I also had times I just loved having him around. I MISS HIM.

This is just me thinking out loud. Just to let you know that you are not alone. Read my book, and feel the love we had for him and how as a family we got through this terrible disease.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com

No comments: