Tuesday, February 2, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOG:

Good afternoon everyone who is reading this. Well it looks like the ground hog has seen his shadow so six more weeks of cold weather. Here in Phoenix that is not to bad but in places like Chicago, or Oklahoma City I am sure this is not good news. BRRRRR

I had an idea today that I wanted to share. I have been writing about experiences with my father in law, and experiences on the ambulance with some of the elderly with and without Alzheimer's. I thought that many of you have had many similar experiences that you may want to share with the readers or just with me. If so please go to comment and tell me. Also tell me if this is something that is private or that you would like to share. I would be happy to help you and who knows, you may be helping someone out, or just putting a smile on someones face.

Remember that it is important to have a good support group. If you don't know where to look go on Alzheimer's Association Site under search by state. You will see a map of the US and you can click on your state. Than you can look for the closet regional office to you and click on that.
Click to the left of the screen you will see programs. Now it will say all the programs they offer and support groups is in there. Hit support groups. Scroll down the page to your region, click and than the cites will come up. Hit your city or one close to you and the names, address, times of meetings and phone numbers will come up. It is that easy. It is important to find a good support group. Smile and have a good day. Be an angel try a little act of kindness today!!

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press an Imprint Of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com

No comments: