Saturday, February 20, 2010

ALZHEIMER'S BLOG:

Dad use to get confused. He had a routine that I use to try to keep. He would like his cup of coffee in the morning and than take a nap. Than I would have him change his clothes. I remembered one time when I laid his clothes on his bed. He would come out telling me he is ready but I noticed he only changed his shirt and not his pants. So I sent him in his room again to change his pants. He told me he did, so I showed him the dirt on his pants and sent him back into his room with the clean pants. He came out again with the dirty ones on saying he changed them. After three times of sending him in his room to change his pants, I finally kept the clean pants outside the door with me. I told him to take off the dirty ones and pass them to me, and than I passed him the clean ones. Bless his heart, I heard him say, "I've never changed into so many pairs of pants in one day before."

Remember you can not be in a hurry with a loved one with Alzheimer's. You need more patience and time and compassion.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint of James A Rock Pub., Co.
www.mariefostino.com

No comments: