Thursday, December 4, 2008


December 5, 2002

Today is Thursday and I am seeing another side of the disease now. Dad gets angry, now. He puts his fists up and tires to kick me. He's tried to get out of the car while I'm driving, and hits the dashboard, hard, with his fists. He grabs anything he can get his hands on (like my cell phone) and throws it while I am driving. His language is very bad.

I think the pain from his hip is causing some of this behavior. I was giving him Celebrex for the pain, but the doctors want it out of his system before his hip operation. I am just to give him Tylenol now.

I am trying to learn to make him more comfortable and remember that we are here to take care of each other. I remember the saying, "Be an angel, practice random acts of kindness

This is just going back in time when dad was still here. I do miss him so. I hope you enjoy the little inserts from my journal.

Hope you are having a good December. Remember that Christmas is to celebrate Jesus birth. Also don't forget to get some respite time to be with the rest of your family, and enjoy the holiday. Find a good support group to go to. And don't forget the sites on the Internet.
Alzheimer's Weekly, Alzheimer's Society, OurAlzheimer's.com, TheCareGiversVoice.com, The Alzheimer's Association, Alzheimer's Foundation of America, and Alzheimer's Disease Education and Referal Center to name a few.

Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An Imprint Of James A Rock & Co., Pub.
www.mariefostino.com

No comments: