Friday, September 26, 2008


Such a beautiful day again today. It is so different than when I lived in Chicago. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE CHICAGO. But the weather is much better here. It is the winters that I am referring to. In stead of wind and snow, mixed with rain, we have sunny sky's, most of the winter. I am excited about tomorrow because it is my first Book Signing. I want to thank Borders Book Stores, for all they have done to make this possible. I am trying to get my book out there for all to see. My book has a unique way of showing the every day living with your loved one with Alzheimer's. My book is not a how to do it book. But rather the every day issues and feelings.

I want to stress how important Respite care is and how important 'Moments' are. And remember that this is a no - win situation. Unfortunately, Alzheimer's is going to take your loved one away, no matter how hard you fight. But don't give up, and keep trying to give them the life they deserve. Faith, prayer, sleep, and exercise are also important for you and your loved one. Please find your self a support group. It is very important to know and share with other people that are doing the same as you.

I want to thank J. A Rock & Publishing for making this possible. I just think of all the years that dad helped us, and now while he is in heaven, he is still helping people. I want to thank Alzheimer's Weekly, and The CaregiversVoice.com for all there support.

Hope to see you tomorrow at Borders at 7320 W Bell Rd, in Glendale at noon to two pm. I will be happy to answer any questions or just listen if you need a ear.
Sincerely,
Marie Fostino
http://www.mariefostino.com/
Alzheimer's A Caretakers Journal
Seaboard Press An imprint of J. A. Rock & Co., Pubs.

No comments: